Mainstream TV Coverage and National Press for RGK Wheelchairs
At the global forefront of innovation and technology in the disability product sector, UK-based manufacturer RGK Wheelchairs continues to inspire change in an ever-growing market of leisure and sport wheelchairs.
Founded in 1988, RGK has attained national recognition – providing wheelchairs to both the male and female GB Paralympic teams. Now part of Sunrise Medical, RGK has never looked back and continues to be in pole position as a brand.
Producing for an increasing wide client base, RGK required a PR and media programme that would generate nationwide interest.
At the same time, it was necessary to attract more attention from key demographics – the need existed to raise awareness of the brand amongst healthcare professionals and specifiers.
Throughout, RGK was keen to preserve its founders’ ethos: to provide wheelchair users with the potential to live their life to the full. Prior to bringing Montpellier on board, RGK had never embraced PR before, giving us the opportunity to build from the bottom up.
We began by designing and implementing a media strategy to attract national and regional media attention. Our strategy was highly successful, and, within 12 months, we secured coverage on BBC TV and an ITV mobility show and had received major coverage in the Daily and Sunday Telegraph.
Homing in on key demographics, we utilised our media resources to generate content for both online and physical outlets including Ability Magazine, Able Magazine and bluebadgestyle.com. Focusing also on RGK’s social media presence, we created and launched content for Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, providing further gateways for potential client interaction.
- Mainstream TV coverage including ITV and BBC TV
- National Press coverage including major articles in the Sunday and Daily Telegraph, Management Today and Director Magazine
- Targeted media coverage in the healthcare sector including Ability Magazine, Able Magazine and bluebadgestyle.com
- A host of regional business media coverage including a meeting with BBC wheelchair correspondent Frank Gardener and content in the Birmingham Post
- Profiling as a business success story and consumer choice
For more information on RGK Wheelchairs and their mission, visit: www.rgklife.com
…OR check out their social media: