Public Relations Executive
A clutch of new client wins in the Life Sciences and Technology sectors creates opportunities to join our dynamic PR consultancy, including a position for an enthusiastic and resourceful Public Relations Executive. We are a small, award-winning, highly regarded PR consultancy based in Cheltenham.
The role includes media relations, sophisticated content creation, client management and social media management. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, an eye for detail, initiative and an ability to liaise effectively with multiple clients. There is a huge opportunity to grow with the firm through ambitious period of company growth.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for media relations and working on the account management for three to five client accounts in the life sciences, technology, property and healthcare sectors
- Must be a self-starter capable of working under minimal supervision, with good client relationship management skills
- Typical activity includes drafting press releases, writing feature articles and pitching ideas for editorial to the media – good writing skills are essential
- The job entails occasional project management of studio services, such as web design, branding and marketing materials, delivered by the design studio but, where they are PR clients, requiring efficient project management
- A strong knowledge of social media is required, with capability of overseeing and on occasions contributing to social content, as well as understanding enough to advise clients on social content’s contribution to the overall PR mix
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Excellent copy writing skills and the ability to write across a variety of client accounts in different sectors
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to coordinate between PR and Design Studio teams, often with different deadlines and priorities.
- Initiative, patience and flexibility under pressure.
- You will ideally have one or two years of experience within either public relations, marketing or social media management.
Salary based on skills and experience